Videos are an important element in today’s marketing. Each startup or brand needs a professional and quality looking videos for a high level of audience engagement and awareness on your social channels.
Creating a quality video needs the right video editing software with advanced tools and special effects. Well, the use of features for video editing software depends on your level of experience.
In this article, you will find the compilation of the best free editing software for any level of users and start editing the video right after downloading.
Best Free Video Editing Softwares
iMovie is a free video editing software developed by Apple Inc. This software can be used on any Apple devices – iOS and Mac.
- Beautiful animated titles and credits
- Extra-special effects and filters
- Build-in sounds effects
- Create Trailers with available templates
- Flexible (Cut from iPhone to iPad to Mac)
- Support 4K Videos for Editing
- Great software for it apple users and in-build features enhance the user experience coming from apple ecosystem
- Super Easy to learn for beginners
- Not for advanced video editing users
- Video importing and rendering is quite slow
Blender is an Open Source Video Editing Software available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The sole purpose of Blender is to create 3D animations and with its tons of features, you won’t regret it.
- Efficient tools for Video Editing – Rendering, VFX, Modeling, Sculpting, Animation & Rigging, Grease Pencil, Simulation, and Scripting
- Basic video editing features – Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, keyframes, filters, and more
- Suits for all types of users from basic to advanced
- Though it’s for basic users, you need to spend lots of time needed to learn editing tools
OBS Studio is also Free and Open Source Software for Video editing, Screen recording and Live streaming backed by two leading Tech Companies – Twitch and Facebook.
It is available on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Real time video or audio capturing and mixing
- Unlimited number of scenes
- Friendly audio mixer and effects
- Modular Dock User Interface
- Easy to use settings and output panel
- Suitable for all types of users
- Capable of Multiple Task
- Tons of Useful features
- Not much online tutorials or resources
Lightworks is a professional video editing software, especially for film editing. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
It has been used for creating finest cinemas such as The Wolf of Wall Street, LA Confidential, Pulp Fiction, The King’s Speech and many more.
With its recent update, you can find the complete video editing package in one software.
- Simple and Easy to Use Interface
- Intuitive timeline trimming and editing
- Support of wide video file format
- Access royalty-free audio and video content
- Export videos for all major Social Media Channels, YouTube or 4K Film
- Packed with professional video editing features
- Fast and Flexible
- User interface looks confusing for beginners
Openshot is an award-winning open-source video editing software. It is cross-platform video editor with powerful editing features available on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Easy to use interface
- Basic tools such as Trim & Slice, Edit Text, Animation & Keyframes
- Unlimited tracks for watermarks, background videos, audio, and more
- Audio & Video effects
- 3D Animations
- Packed with lots of amazing features than premium video editing softwares
- Not at all
Similar to Openshot, Shotcut is also an open-source and cross-platform video editor available on Windows, Mac and Linux Operating System (OS).
- Easy to use user interface with drag and drop features
- Wide support of video, audio, and image format
- In-built with basic video editing features – Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, rotation, and cutting
- Audio mixing and editing
- Video effects
- Useful for any types of users – Novice and Advanced
- No any options available for exporting in different devices
HitFilm Express is a professional video editing software packed with VFX and other tools needed to make awesome content, films or gaming videos.
- Add unlimited audio and video tracks
- Available with animations tools
- Audio mixer
- Video effects (includes 180 special effects in free version)
- Composite shot enhancements
- Picture in Picture video style effect
- One of the professional video editor free of cost
- Interactive and Engaging online tutorials
- Time to learn the interface
VSDC is a video editing software that lets you edit video and create final output in any type easily. It is the best free video editing software for Windows users.
- In-built features for audio editing and color correction
- Supports all major video formats including DVD, HD and GoPro videos
- Text and audio overlay, an array of charts and diagrams as well as a slideshow maker
- Non-liner editing system (do not necessarily have to follow a specific sequence)
- Filters and Special Effects
- Motion Tracking
- Easy to use user interface
- Available only for Windows Operating System (OS)
- Technical support cost
DaVinci Resolve is the professional video editor which uses machine learning to enable powerful new features such as facial recognition, speed warp and more.
- Intuitive User Interface with advanced video editing tools – import, edit, trim, add transitions, titles, automatically match color, mix audio and more
- Fast rendering and amazing performance
- Improved GPU Accelerated for all 3D tasks
- Used in High end post production and finishing on more Hollywood feature films, television shows and commercials than any other software
- Quick export to all popular social media channels and other profiles
- Most advanced and updated professional video editing software
- Many non-usable features for beginners
VideoPad is a powerful video editing software for creating professional quality videos in no time. It is available for Windows and Mac users.
- Drag and Drop video editor
- Over 50+ video effects and transitions
- Supports all major video formats
- 3D and 360 video editing
- Tools for video optimization
- In-built with a Fastest video stream processor
- Easy to use interface
- Perfect editors for beginners with limited features
- Not for advanced video editors
Above listed free video editing software will help you to create stunning videos and ultimately get high ROI (Return on Investment) and boost your sales.
Right choice of video editors depends on your needs of features and tools for your project.
For Beginners Users:
- Openshot, iMovie, VideoPad, OBS Studio, VSDC, and Shotcut
For Advanced Users:
- DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, Blenders and Lightworks
Start creating awesome videos with free video editing software and take it to the next level.